/Jameela Jamil Just Called Out Kim Kardashians New Body Makeup Line Collection

Jameela Jamil Just Called Out Kim Kardashians New Body Makeup Line Collection

By now, you’ve probably seen her call out celebrity/influencer culture and beauty standards.

Just three months ago, she called out Khloé Kardashian for promoting weight loss products:

Well on Monday morning, she called out Kim’s body makeup collection.

Hard pass. God damn the work to take it all off before bed so it doesn’t destroy your sheets… I’d rather just make peace with my million stretch marks and eczema. Taking off my mascara is enough of a pain in the arse. Save money and time and give yourself a damn break. ❤️ https://t.co/gGrbiZfH2K

05:50 PM – 24 Jun 2019

I’m not like a huge makeup person, but Kim’s video looks like it’s makeup you put on to cover your body, unlike regular makeup for your face.

Well for Jameela, it’s a “hard pass.”

My new @kkwbeauty Body Collection launches TOMORROW at 12pm pst at https://t.co/aIjp1MBlpZ #kkwbeauty ✨

02:02 AM – 21 Jun 2019

“God damn the work to take it all off before bed so it doesn’t destroy your sheets,” she said.

“I’d rather just make peace with my million stretch marks and eczema. Taking off my mascara is enough of a pain in the arse,” she added.

“Save money and time and give yourself a damn break. ❤️”

The reaction in the thread were mixed with some praising Jameela calling out the Body Collection:

@jameelajamil Exactly. Now we need makeup for our bodies, too? Meanwhile, men are…oh, right…not wasting any of their time on this. Just going to embrace my cellulite and spider veins, thanks.

06:06 PM – 24 Jun 2019

@jameelajamil Nothing like letting people know you shouldn’t feel good in your own skin.

06:06 PM – 24 Jun 2019

Others weren’t here for it, saying some people might use this because it gives them confidence and makes people happy:

@jameelajamil there’s nothing wrong with this. or wanting to cover up something that’s going to make u insecure. if covering up something is going to give u the confidence u need to find self love, I think u should be supporting it. not belittling it the way u are.

06:02 PM – 24 Jun 2019

@jameelajamil I completely understand when you comment on diet products and harmful things, but I don’t understand why ur telling people what makeup they should buy? I’m kind to myself and love myself, and if I choose to spend money on some body highlight I can too?

06:01 PM – 24 Jun 2019

One fan of Jameela brought up how Kim launched the collection because of psoriasis, and how Kim isn’t forcing anyone to buy it:

I love Jameela but honestly think she needs to take a day off. Kim’s not forcing anyone into buying it & ive seen a lot of people say it’s gonna help their confidence in summer by covering self harm scars/ insulin pump bruises/ psoriasis/ eczema etc https://t.co/It6irYeMyq

06:52 PM – 24 Jun 2019

What do YOU think? Let me know in the comments below.